I arrived home
last night this morning after a whirlwind beginning to the conference season — starting with SXSW Interactive, which had to be interrupted midstream for a trip to San Jose for our company’s own conference, SMX West.
I don’t know what it was about this year’s show — maybe our inaugural Marketing Land Digital Marketing Summit — but I came away from the show with such a good feeling. I loved socializing with people, meeting columnists I hadn’t met before in person, and seeing long-time industry friends again. Additionally, the panelists for the sessions I moderated did such a good job and had such interesting and valuable things to share.
So I thought I’d take the opportunity to share the live blogs and slides from my sessions here.
“Life After Not Provided” explored the options for measuring success (and fixing problems) in a world where we no longer have access to keyword data in analytics platforms.
- Here’s a live blog from Chelsea Adams at Bruce Clay Inc.
- Benjamin Spiegel’s presentation (he’s the director of search operations at Catalyst)
- Marty Weintraub’s slides (he’s founder and evangelist of aimClear)
- Ken Shults (of Global Strategies) and Laura Ann Mitchell (of Intel)’s tag-team preso.
“Pro-Level Tips For Succeeding At Retargeting” covered a few different approaches and platforms (Google search, GDN, FSLA, FBX and a technique that uses LinkedIn) to successful retargeting.
- Here’s coverage from Janet Driscoll Miller on the Marketing Mojo Blog
- 3Q Digital’s Jay Stampfl’s presentation covering Google-centric approaches.
- John Hamilton from Triggit shared insights related to the Facebook Exchange
- Tad Miller from Marketing Mojo covered approaches that work for B2B companies, or others with a long sales cycle and a need to qualify prospects.